Yesterday, the people at my new job decided today would be a good day to have a pot luck! Since I just made oatmeal cookies a few weeks ago, I thought it would be a good way to go. It turned out that I didn't have enough butter, but my fantastic husband offered to go buy it for me! Yay!
I made them just like I did a few weeks ago - but I think they came out better this time. I really like them crunchy, so I cooked them a little bit longer. I also mixed them by hand (I think last time I used the kitchenaid, since it was already out for the marshmallows), too, so that may have helped. Either way, they're good!
After I finished making cookies, we decided to go to the new Jupiter's. We rarely leave the puppy at night on a weekday, so this was something new for us! The puppy was fine, and the new Jupiter's was good. It doesn't have the same cozy feeling as the one downtown (I know most people wouldn't describe it as cozy, but it is to me!). At the one downtown, we always sit in the same spot, and the waitress knows us. At the new one, we weren't sure where to sit, and we ended up accidentally picking a seat near a loud speaker. Illinois basketball was on, so the whole place felt extra sporty - which is a negative in our eyes. But, the building itself is very nice, and I especially liked the fireplace near the booths. We felt like there were some additional menu items, too - like the goat cheese salad (which i think is on the menu at Seven Saints!), hummus, and southwest eggrolls. We're glad it's there - it's so close to our place that I'm sure we'll go there often! We're hoping that in the spring they will be ok with the puppy joining us in the outdoor seating area. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment