I went through my cooking light magazine and found a recipe for pork tenderloin that sounded really good. We made it last night, and it was so tasty! I don't know if it's the spices or the way it's cooked, or what - but it's super moist!
Here's the recipe for Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Maple-Chipotle Sauce. I didn't deviate from the recipe at all, and it was great!
With that, we had mashed potatoes (I stink at making those, but my husband does not! Yay!) and green beans. For the green beans, I loosely followed this recipe for Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon. I only had about 1 lb of green beans, and I just threw in a handful of mushrooms. We used 4 slices of center-cut bacon, and just chopped up a shallot (didn't measure it). I totally forgot to add the spices, but it didn't matter at all!
We also had a small salad, because I'm trying to have a salad with every meal. Of course, for this one, we ate it with light blue cheese, which sort of defeats the purpose. It was still tasty, though!
I'm trying a few more new recips this week - a spinach salad from cooking light and a whiskey chicken recipe. I also bought ingredients for some of our regular meals - Pasta Fagioli and Pasta with Vodka Sauce. Next weekend, I want to try this health garden risotto recipe I saw on the food network.
No comments:
Post a Comment